From its beginning, Cabrini Clinic has had a relationship with the Henry Ford Medical Group. Henry Ford doctors have been volunteering and serving as the clinic’s Medical Director since 1950. Dr. Susan Schooley, Chief of Family Practice at Ford, is our current Medical Director. Ford extends its liability insurance coverage to its employees who volunteer at Cabrini Clinic. Since 2005 , the Ford psychiatric residency training program has staffed our weekly Mental Health Clinic. In 2009, Nancy Schlicting, President and CEO of the Henry Ford Health System, extended their Community Partners Program to include Cabrini Clinic patients in need of specialty care. Through this program, Cabrini Clinic is able to refer patients to Ford for free diagnostic testing and treatment. This is a great blessing to our patients.
In 1996, when Oakwood Healthcare System acquired Dearborn Regional Clinical Laboratory, they continued DRCL’s generous provision of free lab work to Cabrini Clinic patients. Our volunteers prepare the specimens, and Oakwood’s courier picks them up from a drop box on our front door. We are most grateful for the lab and other support Cabrini Clinic receives from Oakwood President and former CEO, Brian Connolly. Lab testing is essential in order to provide effective primary medical care. Even today, as Beaumont health, the support continues. Beaumont and Oakwood providers volunteer during medical clinic sessions to care for people who are show up wanting much needed medical and mental health care.
Cabrini Clinic has many community partners who assist us in providing care for our uninsured patients. The following list is a partial list of agencies with which we are proud to partner:
- Beaumont Mobile Imaging – x-ray services
- University of Detroit Mercy – McAuley School of Nursing
- Wayne State University – Eugene Applebaum School of Pharmacy
- WSU – Physician Group
- CHASS Clinic
- Covenant Community Care
- Optometrist Bernard Miller, OD
- Detroit Department of Health and Wellness for communicable diseases, drug & alcohol treatment, etc.
- Karmanos for BCCCP – breast and cervical cancer screening
- World Medical Relief – medical equipment and supplies
- Southwest Solutions – eligible patients receive Mental Health care and housing resources
- Advantage Health Centers
- Detroit Central City
- Grown in Detroit
- Capuchin Soup Kitchen
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan
- Archdiocese of Detroit
- Oakland University – School of Nursing